LISC is pleased to announce the Verizon-LISC COVID-19 Recovery Fund is now open and accepting applications. This fund provides grant support to help address the immediate financial impact on small businesses due to the pandemic. LISC is grateful for Verizon’s partnership for making this program a reality.
Click here to access the application. Your application must be completed by Saturday, April 4th, 11:59 p.m. ET.
Please keep the following in mind:
- For business owners with multiple businesses, please answer this survey based on your largest business owned.
- Each awardee is limited to one grant per tax ID. You will need this ID to complete the application.
- Eligibility is based on accurate and complete submission of request to include required documents uploaded.
- This program is not eligible to employees of Verizon or LISC.
- Your application must be completed by Saturday, April 4th, 11:59 p.m. ET.
Who is eligible?
LISC will use the Verizon funding to provide grants of up to $10,000 to businesses facing immediate financial pressure because of COVID-19—especially entrepreneurs of color, women-owned businesses, and other enterprises in historically underserved communities who don’t have access to flexible, affordable capital.
What it can be used for?
- Paying rent and utilities
- Meeting payroll
- Paying outstanding debt to vendors
- Other immediate operational costs
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and troubleshooting. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE VERIZON-LISC SMALL BUSINESS RECOVERY FUND
Small businesses across the country are confronting extreme economic challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Financial support at this critical time can make the difference between staying in business or closing permanently, leading to lost income, jobs and economic stability.
Thanks to a $2.5 million investment from Verizon, LISC is offering grants to help small businesses fill urgent financial gaps until they can resume normal operations or until other more permanent financing becomes available.
Additionally, Verizon recently launched #PayItForwardLIVE, a weekly livestream from big names to pay it forward for small businesses. Viewers can tune in every Tuesday and Thursday at 8PM ET/ 5PM PT on @Verizon’s Twitter, Yahoo, Twitch, and Fios Channel 501. As people support their favorite small businesses with #PayItForwardLIVE, Verizon will commit an additional $10 per use of the hashtag, up to $2.5 million, for a total of up to $5 million in support.
Thanks to Melinda Wilson, Assistant Director of Economic Development, SE CT Enterprise Region